Is PVC foam board safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottF

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
715
Reaction score
346
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I watched a Reef Builders video where he was using PVC foam as a baffle to spin chaeto. I was thinking about doing something similar in my fuge. In general, is using PVC foam safe? For this experiment I'd rather try to wedge some foam in there than glue acrylic to my glass sump.

I was looking at using this: Amazon product ASIN B079VNV7BQ
 
brok link.jpg

PVC should be ok.
 
Hi! I watched a Reef Builders video where he was using PVC foam as a baffle to spin chaeto. I was thinking about doing something similar in my fuge. In general, is using PVC foam safe? For this experiment I'd rather try to wedge some foam in there than glue acrylic to my glass sump.

I was looking at using this: Amazon product ASIN B079VNV7BQ
Could you share the link to the video. That sounds cool. Thanks!
 
Could you share the link to the video. That sounds cool. Thanks!

In the end I couldn't provide enough flow in my sump with just my return pumps to make this work. Mostly because how my refugium is plumbed. I ended up using a small Maxspect gyre to get my chaeto rolling.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new