Is something wrong with my anemone?

Jason lamothe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got this guy a week ago. I got him home, put him in the tank and he quickly found a spot he liked. That night he opened up beautifully and at 2 good pieces of silverside... as well as the next 3/4 nights. The next day he retracted, as they do, no concern. However the past 2 days he wont eat ANYTHING, he spends most of the day detracted and his tenticles seem to be quite flimsy... with a few of the ends completely shriveld. I tested my water yesterday and everything is in line... any ideas?
55d8cb993c9214c61bb165b05105f334.jpg
f739a0d2b0c21cc1014a98351a3c540b.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be able to post a pic of the anemone that is not so zoomed in? This will give us a better idea of how the anemone is attached and how it looks. I would recommend not trying to feed it. Personally, I hate the thought of feeding any anemone silversides. I have seen many anemones perish shortly after eating them.

Could you also post some stats of your tank? Like age, lighting and parameters??

OP
OP
J

Jason lamothe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be able to post a pic of the anemone that is not so zoomed in? This will give us a better idea of how the anemone is attached and how it looks. I would recommend not trying to feed it. Personally, I hate the thought of feeding any anemone silversides. I have seen many anemones perish shortly after eating them.

Could you also post some stats of your tank? Like age, lighting and parameters??
1516927881332.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jason lamothe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been running with fish for 7 months now (AFTER a 5 month cycle). Its a 90 gallon upgrade from a 30 gallon I had for 1.5 years... temp 77.8, Salinity 1.0245, NitrIte=0, Ammonia=0, Alk=8.5, Phos=0, NitrAt=<5
Running a 20gallon sump with a Xyclone skimmer, 2 mangroves, RO/DI water with TDS of "0", turbo twist UV sterilizer, Phosphate reactor, and a current USA 48" LED. I run the lights 7 hours med/low wirh .5 hour sunrise and sunset and 4 hours moonlight

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good that the anemone is attached. The tentacles look bleached. I would recommend not feeding it silversides and opt for small pieces of mysis that are broadcast fed. The anemone will grab it if it’s hungry.

OP
OP
J

Jason lamothe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good that the anemone is attached. The tentacles look bleached. I would recommend not feeding it silversides and opt for small pieces of mysis that are broadcast fed. The anemone will grab it if it’s hungry.
Ya he is def. attatched. He has moved around a lottle bit in the past few days but went right back to where he originally was.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 144 40.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 179 50.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 9.0%
Back