Is T5 your main SPS lighting source? Length of photoperiod?

How long is your t5 photo period?

• Less than 6 hours

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 7-8hrs

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • 8-9hrs

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 9+ hrs

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TX_Punisher -- You asked "Is T5 your main SPS lighting source?" But you didn't let us answer "no" in the poll. I think that would give us better results.

It’s really helpful to measure your PAR before starting to mess with the photoperiod.

I'll be honest -- I've been doing this awhile, never once has PAR been an issue for me. I run a 14 hour photoperiod for LED's at 100%, and 10 hours for T5's. I don't think there's a such thing as too much light, unless you have SPS with low nutrients + high light and/or high/low alk.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie I used your melafix pond last night. I was doing some late night viewing with a flash light and noticed a bristle worm coming from under my Willy Wonka tenuis and the plug, the only spot that hasn’t encrusted. I used 2mls/12 oz of tank water for 3 minutes and 5 pods jumped off and died within the first 10 seconds. I didn’t see the worm come out but I’m hoping he’s dead.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie I used your melafix pond last night. I was doing some late night viewing with a flash light and noticed a bristle worm coming from under my Willy Wonka tenuis and the plug, the only spot that hasn’t encrusted. I used 2mls/12 oz of tank water for 3 minutes and 5 pods jumped off and died within the first 10 seconds. I didn’t see the worm come out but I’m hoping he’s dead.

Give it 5-7 minutes. 7 max, but you can go longer. I dip for 6 min 90% of the time. I usually use 2mL for 8oz of water, so for 12oz I'd probably not be shy to use 3mL+. But the time is important -- 5-7 is what you want. You also need to use a pipette to blow off the corals, it will blow anything out from under the rock too.

That said, bristle worms are fine really. They're really good ditrivores just annoying to touch.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice which thread this was in. Feel free to ask me all you want about it in my build thread or DM. But lets try not to derail this thread.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it 5-7 minutes. 7 max, but you can go longer. I dip for 6 min 90% of the time. I usually use 2mL for 8oz of water, so for 12oz I'd probably not be shy to use 3mL+. But the time is important -- 5-7 is what you want. You also need to use a pipette to blow off the corals, it will blow anything out from under the rock too.

That said, bristle worms are fine really. They're really good ditrivores just annoying to touch.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice which thread this was in. Feel free to ask me all you want about it in my build thread or DM. But lets try not to derail this thread.
You’re right
Sorry @TX_Punisher

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back