Is that parasite or itch?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a video and the blenny is fast to hide and i couldnt get it. Im new to the hobby and i introduced a bicolor blenny yesterday. And the thing is i did it without QT. Hes eating no issues. Just seen him like zooms on rocks kinda like flushing or scratching i dont know if thats the case or not or thats their behavior
 
Sounds like 'flashing,' which can be from a parasite like ich.

Might not be though. I would keep an eye on it.
 
If he eats, let him be.
If he stops, then, maybe.
 
how many other fish do you have? I had a firefish start flashing just a day or so after adding him and knocked out my other 2 fish with him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new