Is the Apex salinity probe shipped dry?

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?

Rhodes87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?
Been a while since I bought any of them but if I recall only the PH probe comes wet. I think my salinity probe was shipped dry though

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Initially it comes dry but once it becomes active in water, must remain wet

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back