Is the Apex salinity probe shipped dry?

DeputyDog95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2019
Messages
423
Reaction score
102
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?
 
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?
Been a while since I bought any of them but if I recall only the PH probe comes wet. I think my salinity probe was shipped dry though
 
I don't think the salinity probe needs to remain wet. I think that is ORP and pH that does.
 
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?
Been forever since I bought one. Thought after this many years and the salinity probe starting to read a little wonky, it was probably time.

Is it normal for them to ship the salinity probe dry? My recollection is that most of the other probes I've replaced over the years were always shipped "wet" with a small silicone cover filled with liquid to keep the sensor moist.

Thoughts?
Initially it comes dry but once it becomes active in water, must remain wet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new