Is the Gateway2 needed for Orphek Atlantic lights?

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have considered getting the Orphek Atlantik iCon fixtures. BRS tells me that the Gateway2 box is needed to connect the App with the lights through WiFi/Bluetooth. They have also discontinued carrying the Gateway2 but they sell the lights. Orpheks website has a page saying it is necessary but again they don't list it for sale. The instructional videos and text does not indicate that the Gateway is necessary.
So is it necessary to fully operate and program the lights?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tapio

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought that light about 6 weeks ago and it did not require anything additional. Just have to download the app and pair the light.
Interesting thanks for that information. I suspected BRS staff had no first hand knowledge and read from some old manual. How do you like the light so far? I would be replacing 3x 250 W MH and 4 Reef Brites over a 7 foot by 30" wide reef. How big tank do you have?

Upvote 0

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thanks for that information. I suspected BRS staff had no first hand knowledge and read from some old manual. How do you like the light so far? I would be replacing 3x 250 W MH and 4 Reef Brites over a 7 foot by 30" wide reef. How big tank do you have?
Possible their info was not updated for the newer Atlantik as the V4 did require the separate device.

So far I like it. It’s on a new tank so no coral in yet, but I really like the overall look. Tank is 4x2x2
IMG_4167.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tapio

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible their info was not updated for the newer Atlantik as the V4 did require the separate device.

So far I like it. It’s on a new tank so no coral in yet, but I really like the overall look. Tank is 4x2x2
IMG_4167.jpeg
Thanks. Good luck with the new tank!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back