Is the RKL still a "current" option?

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand came with a Reefkeeper Lite and I've had it a few years and never used it. Now i think I would like to use a controller to monitor my temp, alk, Cal, and mag. Also, ive seen that my MP40's can be controlled with some controllers. Would this RKL be able to do these things? TIA!
823380f860c2b63f1010dd93fd262077.jpg

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be able to monitor 1 out of the things listed, Temp. The only automated Calcium, Alk and Mag checker currently is the Apex Trident which only works with the newest 2016 Apex.

OP
OP
Texas Reefer

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be able to monitor 1 out of the things listed, Temp. The only automated Calcium, Alk and Mag checker currently is the Apex Trident which only works with the newest 2016 Apex.
Right! Lol, I don't know what I was thinking. I'd like to monitor temp, salinity, and pH. But the RKL will only monitor one? What are the Module 1,2,3,4 for?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right! Lol, I don't know what I was thinking. I'd like to monitor temp, salinity, and pH. But the RKL will only monitor one? What are the Module 1,2,3,4 for?
Yeah, primo21 is right, you need a SL2V2 (system lab 2 version 2) to monitor salinity. It also monitors pH and your RKL should have come with an iTemp probe to monitor temperature. It can't control Vortechs but it can control Tunze controllable DC pumps and Jebao pumps. The RKL only allows up to 4 modules and should have come with a PC4, which is a 4-outlet controllable strip.

I have a ReefKeeper DP1 Master Dosing Pump with power supply that I don't need anymore. I just bought a 4-head dosing unit. I could let the DP1 go if you want to buy it. PM me if interested.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Which currently doesn't work with anything outside of testing as it isn't out yet.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which currently doesn't work with anything outside of testing as it isn't out yet.

I don't follow? It has been shown and is slated to be out in the first part of this year. IT is curreclty the only device that will do exactly what he stated he wants to monitor, Calcium, Alk and Mag. Quote from the OP. " Now i think I would like to use a controller to monitor my temp, alk, Cal, and mag."

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't follow? It has been shown and is slated to be out in the first part of this year. IT is curreclty the only device that will do exactly what he stated he wants to monitor, Calcium, Alk and Mag. Quote from the OP. " Now i think I would like to use a controller to monitor my temp, alk, Cal, and mag."

It has been demo'd but it isn't out yet. There is no firm ETA and nobody knows how reliable it will be. We believe it will be out this year, we think it will cost $600 and we have been told re-ups are $40-ish every couple months. Until it is actually shipping though it isn't a real product. Until it has been tested as reliable, it is not something most people should plunk money down on. At best the thing is a year away for anyone wanting the device but also wanting to make sure it is reliable and that assumes they ship it in the next few months.

If we are talking products coming soon, Mindstream has been right around the corner for years.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You got me and made me look! For others, the Trident is actually not yet available...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back