Is there a coral name guide somewhere?

Artistic Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
6820 W Sahara Ave #3, Las Vegas, NV 89146
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a standard guide for coral names? Certain ones are very easy to see (space invader, warpaint etc) but others are just slight variations. I'm really lost on some of the zoas and euphilia. Is there a picture guide somewhere with names of all the different variations to reference?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a standard guide for coral names? Certain ones are very easy to see (space invader, warpaint etc) but others are just slight variations. I'm really lost on some of the zoas and euphilia. Is there a picture guide somewhere with names of all the different variations to reference?
Trade names of color varieties of coral species are not "standard" or official in any way. They are named by the seller and have no real bearing on the value.

If you want a good idea of zoa names, go to a zoa vendor's site and you may be able to find some common names.

OP
OP
Artistic Oceans

Artistic Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
6820 W Sahara Ave #3, Las Vegas, NV 89146
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trade names of color varieties of coral species are not "standard" or official in any way. They are named by the seller and have no real bearing on the value.

If you want a good idea of zoa names, go to a zoa vendor's site and you may be able to find some common names.
wow. Thats annoying with how much colors vary with lights on in reef tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back