Is there a dip for bubble algae

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m going to start transferring a few corals into my new nano show display. The tank they’re currently in is starting to get overran with bubble algae. I plan to start doubling down on water changes and dosing vibrant in the meantime but I was wondering if there was a dip (maybe peroxide?) that will prevent bubbles from coming back.

Fwiw, the pieces I’m moving today don’t have any bubbles but there are 2 or 3 I’ll be moving in the future that do

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t use vibrant but that’s just me. Too many negatives and not enough positive side effects for me, it will deplete your micro-fauna and good stuff for your reef. Peroxide dip your rocks and scrape on separate container followed by a RODI water rinse so you don’t get all of the scraped bubble algae back into the water column.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide does work,I have had success with dosing it with bubble algae. Emerald Crabs are hit or miss these days,but a cheaper way ti possibly fight it.

Best way would to buy a shallow tote from somewhere one like 6-8" deep and inspect all the rocks and chip off whatever you can.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diluted peroxide but I would not dip SPS in it.

FYI, you can transfer bubble algae even if you can not visibly see it. This is true of many pests.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be honest, at least managed. Bubble algae isnt the most unsightly algae you can have. So that too is a plus in itself.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no common coral dip on the market that will kill bubble algae

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide does work,I have had success with dosing it with bubble algae. Emerald Crabs are hit or miss these days,but a cheaper way ti possibly fight it.

Best way would to buy a shallow tote from somewhere one like 6-8" deep and inspect all the rocks and chip off whatever you can.
Do you happen to know how much to add? I definitely wouldn’t mind dosing some to my main tank until it’s gone

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not. There was a thread at one point and time about how much to dose per gallon . I would just google peroxide dosing and you should be able to find a dosage amount.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it is localized, you can use a syringe to spot treat. That is the method I used for GHA. Depending upon the %, be very careful and avoid skin contact. I used 12% (amazon), 10ml total per day, directly on the GHA. Cut off all pumps, watch it bubble for 30 minutes and turn everything back on. It will be white the next day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back