Is there a need for an in-tank flow monitor?

Would you be interested in an in-tank flow meter?

• No, I don't see a point

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Yes, but I wouldn't buy one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'd be interested in something like this

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

EmbeddedReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I am very new to the community but have been reading as a guest for several years now. As I've been planning out my own future tank, it's occurred to me that I have not seen a product on the market that allows someone to easily measure flow rates inside the tank. There are inline flow meters, but nothing that allows for a spot check within the tank that I've seen. It seems to me this is something that would be useful, especially in an SPS system, but I am a rookie here. Is this something missing in the hobby that would be valuable to people? If so, I think I may be able to create it, but I'd like to validate whether this is actually useful.

Comments welcome!

OP
OP
E

EmbeddedReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a couple of "No" responses above but I am curious to know more about why that is. Are you just watching coral growth and using previous experience to determine if things are okay? This seems like a new tank setup problem.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no perfect flow, or quantity that you want to achieve. It is specific to each tank layout, along with coral placement, and flow patterns etc. make it not easy to measure. It’s not like we are doing constant flow etc.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back