is there a new cerera controller coming out?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I am a lil confused about this, but I thought I read somewhere s there a new cerbera coming out???
that cant be right can it?

is there any other controller coming out in the next few months that i should wait for?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they're releasing a version 2 of their controller, due out in May.
Really, wow Ok so whats the deal I did a google search but nothing came up. all info I see is from there 1st release.

have any links, videos etc.?
is it still going to be the same hardware but updated software?
sizing of the unit ? that was a turn off of the 1st model.

in the market for a controller and info would help!
cheers

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New hardware, updated software (latest Android release vs the 2.x version they were using now). Additional ports, online control.

Seems it'll be smaller too.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! now I am very intrigued.
And I just decided on an apex vr proilux.
Why is there no Info on the Web
May is only 5 weeks away?
Think they will hit there release date?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get thst info from? I can't seam to find any thing.
Yeah that does sounds good i was hoping they would redo here PowerBar that thing was a boat.

I how ever could do with out the touch screen. As long as it was WiFi and had a cloud based software like fusion. As we all have smartphones now.

It's tempting to wait as see what they deliver. But as there is no info on it, it could be months and months before it's out.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still under development and they are trying to keep it around the same price as the original. I don't know when they will ship or release info about it

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah nice, I was wondering if you were.
why the lack of info? any idea on the price? I missed the 1st version.
so IS may an announcement time or product shipment time?

There is no real "lack" of info if you own a Cerebra now.. They have there own community that is updated regularly to keep everyone in the loop... This is the first time I have seen a manufacture do this. We even have pictures of the proposed components and they are asking the community that owns the Cerebra what we would like to have in the new unit down to screen size and more!

I think they are trying to curb any hype or miss information on 3rd party boards like R2R. I also know Vertex is not a sponsor on this site so if they posted I think Neptune would have a aneurysm lol :p.

As for general google info it is just too new to have anything... Not many pictures or story's yet as it is still in Beta.

As for the price no one knows but I would assume that it will be the same... I do not see this changing that much for what they have planed.

You did not miss the "1st version" as it was a paid beta and was only intended as a beta.. The hardware change was a supersize even to me but it is for the best and what the users wanted...

As for the time it is going to be May for the Beta units to my understanding.. I don't think there would be full scale release in May but a Beta release like the 1st Cerebra.

I know they are working hard to meet all there committed deadlines and this is great news as I am personally excited about this product launch.

The 1st Cerebra is just impressive in many respects from build quality to functionality.

Is it worth the wait in my mind Yes, I have owned most controllers and there is something to be said about the Cerebra....

Cough Cough.. the GHL profilux 4 is nice though too :p

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I know there a forum just for the beta folks. not even sure were I heard of the new release.
anyway I contacted them and got an email back saying the V2 is only for the beta folks and not sure when the release date would be.
I appreciated the replay and honesty.

could easy be the end of summer before I can get my hands on one so chances are I will not wait. but we will see.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back