Is there a reef club in Chattanooga?

Angela2016

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this says Chattanooga reef club but is there really a club in Chattanooga? I'm new to the area and to reefing and would like to find people in the area to discuss topics/swap frags. Also it would be great if there were meetings to attend that are closer than Knoxville.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To iterate on the answers in your two other posts on the subject:
Yes, there is a Chattanooga Reef Club. Most of our members have gotten out of the hobby, and we lack both participation, and locations to meet. LFS's aren't supportive of the club either, due to past issues. Sadly, I wouldn't hold your breath for a meeting. That said, I 100% support the club whenever possible.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be for meeting as well, since I am more freed up somewhat. It would be nice to see the club together again.

TheReefMasta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this says Chattanooga reef club but is there really a club in Chattanooga? I'm new to the area and to reefing and would like to find people in the area to discuss topics/swap frags. Also it would be great if there were meetings to attend that are closer than Knoxville.
My new "Man Cave" Reef Room should be ready in September. I have had some delays due to work but I am making progress now. My wife and I have been talking and hoping we could get interest back for the club meetings. We have plenty of room and would like to host some club meetings. I will post updates on progress soon.

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see the club active again. I have offered to host a meeting in the past and would like to see what others are doing as well.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not local, but have experience in reef clubs. It sounds like you have enough interest right here to start being an active club again. With the interest I see here and some effort advertising on places like craigslist and facebook I bet you could have a decent club going again. If someone decides to bring life back into it reef2reef has a sub forum for reef club leaders that may be helpful to you guys.

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could call a couple people I know but maybe revhtree could send something to all the locals to help get the word out? Seems a shame to not have a club in an area this size.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested also. Moved here recently and would also like to join a club. PM me for my number and I'll help you best I can. They need some meetup groups for reefers! @Angela2016

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a sad thing but I and others have offered to host a meeting and get very little in the way of people saying yes I would like that or even more than one or two replies to the offer.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You always start small. I started LMAS
http://www.lmas.org/
In the 1980's it was a slow go but grew thru the years. The club has hosted several MANCA's. It takes patience to build a club. Just like a reef tank. Start with 2 or 3 like minded friends and it will grow. It's all about networking with others.

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am giving an open offer to host a meeting. I am mostly retired so could be just about any weekend. We have plenty of parking an other things non aquarium family members might be interested in.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in, I would also be able to host. Just let me know where and when. Even if it's only a few of us it would be nice to know other reefers in the area.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back