Is there a video for the Auto Water Change on the BRS160? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah another new BRStv series!?

Yep, it's happening! We are embarking on a new journey in hopes of generating conversation and new questions about things from how your reef gear works, to care of fish and corals and everything in between!

We're grabbing questions from all over social media, Reef2Reef, YouTube and even our own website Q&A pages to answer the most interesting ones in a short, helpful video. Can't wait to here your questions and if you know the answer to some of them, we encourage you to chime in and help everyone in the community be in-the-know. :)

Last edited:

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the code for manual water changes. Right now I am doing a 2 gallon a day continuous water change but would like the option to do one big water change by pushing a feed button thanks.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the code for manual water changes. Right now I am doing a 2 gallon a day continuous water change but would like the option to do one big water change by pushing a feed button thanks.

The Auto Water Change or Manual Water Change functions are programmed using the "Tasks Function" in Apex Fusion. :)

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible to have both options? i have the awc setup using the task function, can i also have the manual water change (if i happen to want to change out some greater % in one shot) in feed mode D without screwing up my AWC?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible to have both options? i have the awc setup using the task function, can i also have the manual water change (if i happen to want to change out some greater % in one shot) in feed mode D without screwing up my AWC?

We asked the same, but it doesn't look like this is possible as the programming currently stands. From what I understand one tasks program will override the other. @Terence did briefly mention something about using "schemes" to save each one independently, which I would imagine make re-programming the DOS each time a slightly faster process.

Actuarious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We asked the same, but it doesn't look like this is possible as the programming currently stands. From what I understand one tasks program will override the other. @Terence did briefly mention something about using "schemes" to save each one independently, which I would imagine make re-programming the DOS each time a slightly faster process.

Why could you not have the AWC setup and then use a breakout box or feed mode to first stop AWC then have instructions to do the manual change. After that is complete final step is to turn on the AWC.

Actuarious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may not be able to use the tasks simultaneously, but I would think you could use the advance code. setup manual using task. copy code. setup AWC. Use adv code to combine.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question for @Terence and the Neptune team! :)

You can create a virtual outlet that runs both pump heads for X amount of time when one of your momentary buttons is pressed. That won’t interfere with the existing program, but will function as a “manual” triggered water change. I’ve been doing a lot of work on the toggle box/external button programs recently, that’s a pretty simple application!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back