Is there a way to increase my air intake into my skimmer?

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody I recently got a CO2 scrubber to pair with my ice cap nano skimmer because I need to increase my pH some. It has been installed for a few days now and I’m seeing minimal ph increase. I’m guessing it is due to the small size of my skimmers pump. Is there a way to increase the air intake with some sort of pump on the intake side of the c02 scrubber? Thanks in advance

c0kefree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody I recently got a CO2 scrubber to pair with my ice cap nano skimmer because I need to increase my pH some. It has been installed for a few days now and I’m seeing minimal ph increase. I’m guessing it is due to the small size of my skimmers pump. Is there a way to increase the air intake with some sort of pump on the intake side of the c02 scrubber? Thanks in advance
I don’t see why it couldn’t work to run an air pump directly into the Venturi.. it just might mess with the efficacy.

If scrubbing is not raising ph that much, you could still be limited by the concentration of co2 in the air around the tank. Gas exchange is still happening down your pipes, surface, etc with unscrubbed air.

I have to run a co2 scrubber to outside air, kalkwasser and a whole house air exchange to hit 8.3 at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back