Is there an easy mode filter sock maintenance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
YES, I just swap socks, take dirty socks and put in a bin behind the house. When that bin is full, probably 25-30 socks, it's laundry day. No mess, no fuss.

When I used cups, I noticed there is water channeling on the sides of Polly fill, something you don't get with a sock. Another benefit, socks will fill up in about 3-4 days, I get a text message from APEX and a beep at the tank and someone, anyone in my household replaces them - both kids trained. The most important thing, the crud is immediately taken out of circulation and my sump is spotless and it has never been cleaned.

1763059994060.png


With cups you get extended use but the stuff you're catching just gets dissolved right back into the water column when the cup isn't addressed twice-weekly. You do it any less than twice a week and your nitrates go up - where is the benefit of having them in first place?

Would a roller be better than either option, yes?

I should probably mention that my wife is responsible for the laundry duties. 😍 She's a champ!

Didnt we just talk about it? Yep, she's amazing.

1763132088768.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new