Is there an unofficial setup guide anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lt Jeff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I'm not computer savvy at all and I just received my Apex Classic controller. It's not hooked up to the internet yet and wont be for awhile so I need to set it up manually on the display.
I'm trying to figure out how to setup my heater first and already stumped as to how to get to channel four, name it and then add simple commands to control my first heater.
It seems like the info I find on Apex's website forum is already confusing to me lol.
Any help would be appreciated o_O.

Jeff

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked on their support here? They have a quick start and a comprehensive guide. I would start there to gain a basic understanding. There are also a ton of videos out there to assist. It was overwhelming (still is actually) to me also but you'll pick up on the basics and then advance from there.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing any programming using just the display is quite difficult - while possible, the display may really isn't meant for that purpose. It's great for some things, but configuring outlets isn't one of them ;)

The primary user interfaces are web-based. There are two - APEX Fusion (which is cloud-based and requires an Internet connection), and the Classic Dashboard, which is comprised of web pages built into the Apex itself. No Internet service is needed - you only need a local network connection between the Apex and your computer. It's actually possible to directly connect the two, but requires manual configuration of the network settings on both Apex and computer, which can be a challenge for some persons. A far better way of getting access to the Apex Dashboard without an Internet connection is to pickup an inexpensive router and simply connect both the Apex and computer to the router. The router will dynamically assign network settings to both, and you can then access the Apex's dashboard. You'll find this to be far more pleasant than using the display for configuration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back