Is there any eel safe for a 20 gallon

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to do a 49 gallon to allow more stocking and the more I look at it the more I like the six line wrasse I think that stocking would be better with
1 moray
3green cromis
1six line wrasse
1 flame back angel
if that stocking is ok I would like that one more then having two predators in my tank to only one

Looks good if you add the 6 line big, fat, and last. (After cycling) I'd add the 3 chromis first, wait a few weeks then add the flame angel, wait a couple weeks then add the eel, wait a few more weeks then add the big 6 line. 6 line wrasse can be aggressive, which is why you would want to add it last.

I say add it 'big and fat' because the eel would be able to eat it otherwise..

If you get the eel smaller, then you can add a smaller 6 line wrasse

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the Golden dwarf eel, 1 or 2 times a week, a veriety (clams, shrimp, krill, squid... stay away from silversides) and any fish will be fine. They are not a aggressive eel at all. I have clown goby, mandarin, small yellow wrasse and he pays them no attention. He sleeps in the same cave with my diamond goby.

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm not doing a 49 I am doing a 40 I had a typo I don't think I like cromis that much if I could I might try two plane clowns and keep the stocking a little
Lower

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I will most likely i read cromis need to be In groups of six

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to do a 49 gallon to allow more stocking and the more I look at it the more I like the six line wrasse I think that stocking would be better with
1 moray
3green cromis
1six line wrasse
1 flame back angel
if that stocking is ok I would like that one more then having two predators in my tank to only one

Sounds good! I'd add the wrasse last though, they can be aggressive to new additions. Keep a few weeks or months between additions and you're good to go!
Keep in mind a lot of people report most chromis can be aggressive with other chromis. You may start with three, but you may have only one left weeks later.

really? Why not? just curious. I say one at my lfs the other day in a s9 biocube...just assumed it was safe..

They mostly don't accept frozen foods easily and need to hunt. They need a lot of live foods so you need lots of rockwork for the foods to survive and reproduce. A bit like mandarins needing plenty of pods.
Also, they need a deep sand bed, at least a foot thick as they burrow into the sand.
They really need about a 120 or more :)

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to do cromis I think I like just the common clown try and pair them up using some of the methods I've seen on I tube

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! I'd add the wrasse last though, they can be aggressive to new additions. Keep a few weeks or months between additions and you're good to go!
Keep in mind a lot of people report most chromis can be aggressive with other chromis. You may start with three, but you may have only one left weeks later.

They mostly don't accept frozen foods easily and need to hunt. They need a lot of live foods so you need lots of rockwork for the foods to survive and reproduce. A bit like mandarins needing plenty of pods.
Also, they need a deep sand bed, at least a foot thick as they burrow into the sand.
They really need about a 120 or more :)

good to know thanks!!

OP
OP
Datnerd14

Datnerd14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just want to keep it simple have a pair of clowns the one moray the one angel and the six line in a 40 gallon

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back