Is there anywhere to even get a N.Wennerae anymore?

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The Mantis has been very active since that last molt just still relatively skiddish of me. It doesnt come out much in the light while I am around for me to get a photo, and still does a meral spread if I get to close. Understandable seeing it got snatched up in its original home by a human. But I constantly am hearing it all day bashing away!

Is it normal to be killing snails literally every day? Or maybe it is just chopping away at shells for construction, or just to let some energy out? I put like 10 ceriths, 10 stometallas, and a few smaller astreas and it looks like most are gone. Really happy I found and pulled the money cowrie out before anything happened, but it was pretty large compared to all the other snails. With the personality of this one though I thought it would be best to find a new tank for it.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone might be interested, I've got a very small mantis that hitched a ride in on some live rock from Gulf Live Rock. I haven't been able to get a good enough look to identify the species, but my guess would be a N. Wennerae. I'm in the FL Panhandle btw...
Would you be willing to ship him?

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The Mantis has been very active since that last molt just still relatively skiddish of me. It doesnt come out much in the light while I am around for me to get a photo, and still does a meral spread if I get to close. Understandable seeing it got snatched up in its original home by a human. But I constantly am hearing it all day bashing away!

Is it normal to be killing snails literally every day? Or maybe it is just chopping away at shells for construction, or just to let some energy out? I put like 10 ceriths, 10 stometallas, and a few smaller astreas and it looks like most are gone. Really happy I found and pulled the money cowrie out before anything happened, but it was pretty large compared to all the other snails. With the personality of this one though I thought it would be best to find a new tank for it.
If he’s eating the snails, then yeah it’s normal lol did you see what color his meral spots are?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back