Is there someone who would make a simple design for me to 3d print?

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R, I'm hoping there is some generous soul out there who wouldn't mind creating a (what I hope) fairly simple design that I can create into an stl and print for my build. ;Happy

Before Covid19 happened, I was planning on having the local plastics shop cut me some black plexi to make a simple hood/light shroud to prevent my T5s from blinding us when we are sitting on the couch. Well, unfortunately the plastics shop is closed until further notice, so for the time being, I'm going to use 1/4" corrugated plastic sheets cut and spray painted black, but I'm having a problem finding a good way to finish the ends. What I would like is for someone to create the following piece:

unnamed.jpg

Essentially a corner piece with 1/4" gaps on either side for the plastic sheeting to slide down into. I'm not sure how to best describe it, so I hope my photo above illustrates what I'm going for. My apologies in advance, I'm not an artist. I'd be more than happy to venmo someone a couple bucks and my eternal gratitude for your time. I've tried to produce the above thing in tinkercad and just couldn't get it right.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
kyleinpdx

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do it for you tomorrow. I think I know what you want.

I hope I clarified!

Is this what you are looking for?

Random shpe (5).png

Random shpe (6).png

If so here is the file.

I'm sorry @Dierks I did a poor job of explaining what I needed. I'm hoping for the open "slots" to be on the long side of the piece. If you take a look at the 90* connector here:

square_corner_valance_schematic_600x600.jpg

That's essentially what I'm hoping for. A 90* corner piece that is 5" tall, 1" on either "side" with a channel running down the long side that accepts 1/4" thick material inserted into it. I really appreciate you going out of your way to post the stl you did. Sorry I cant words.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 48 65.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.5%

Back