Is this a clutch?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what I think it is?
My Hybrid Cinnamon Clowns are the only fish on the left side of the tank. Even after the move all 3 Blackwidow Nems and both hybroclowns are back in the left side of the tank. I tried to move somethings around and they both attacked me and as soon as I moved the rock I saw this. Never seen these before and as aggressive as they are when anything comes near that side of the tank makes me assume it's a clutch. If it is what do I need to do to raise them?

Attachments

• 855C416F-890B-4A79-933A-8C9C63244459.MOV
    15.8 MB
OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops updated with the correct video.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the right video?

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry just updated it. That is my holding tank. Lol

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some pictures going to upload another video in a minute
AAAEE1DB-EC1E-4AA4-A0C0-3D404874DE69.jpeg
6504BA64-437D-4F22-B6B8-D9CEF74F3FD0.jpeg

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With flashlight

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, eggs. You can see the little silvery eyes with black pupils, at the ends facing out.
Never tried to keep them myself. Probably lots of references around on how to rear clownfish.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was funny! I told the wife she was going to be a Grandma and she grabbed the phone called our 22 year old daughter and started screaming why why why did you call your father first!!!! I could here her saying what are you talking about I’m at work mom, the wife says you just told your father your pregnant, daughter responds ah noooooo! I’m in tears at this moment! The wife goes what the hack is wrong with you, I responded with I was talking about your expensive hybrid clowns I give you crap about getting last year, that laid eggs. The look on her face having to eat crow with our oldest was priceless but then I get a ear full! I was laughing so hard I have you clue what she was yelling at me about!
Now I need to set up the lil 10 gallon tank, see if I can get rotifiers and raise them.
Anyone have any tips?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes it is. I just got eggs deposited by my Perculas, , , , AGAIN

eggs3.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that was funny! I told the wife she was going to be a Grandma and she grabbed the phone called our 22 year old daughter and started screaming why why why did you call your father first!!!! I could here her saying what are you talking about I’m at work mom, the wife says you just told your father your pregnant, daughter responds ah noooooo! I’m in tears at this moment! The wife goes what the hack is wrong with you, I responded with I was talking about your expensive hybrid clowns I give you crap about getting last year, that laid eggs. The look on her face having to eat crow with our oldest was priceless but then I get a ear full! I was laughing so hard I have you clue what she was yelling at me about!
Now I need to set up the lil 10 gallon tank, see if I can get rotifiers and raise them.
Anyone have any tips?

If they laid eggs once and you keep them well fed and keep the water quality up then they will likely continue to lay eggs. My recommendation is that you treat the first couple of times as practice runs and keep your expectations low initially while you figure out the details. If this is something that you want to continue then I would suggest that you look at @Reef Nutrition's rotifer system and their TDO foods. A bare bottom 5 or 10g fry tank with a sponge filter should be enough to get you started - it doesn't need to be anything fancy. Good luck!

#clownfish @OrionN

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine lay eggs in same area Every 3 weeks

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Joyce D. Wilkerson's book Clownfishes is an excellent read if you're interested in rearing their larva. It's a bit older but really covers everything clownfish.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got my 5 gallon set up with a new sponge filter, water out of the display tank they are in, and a lil heater. I just can’t find anything that tells me how to remove the clutch from the overflow without hurting them.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve got my 5 gallon set up with a new sponge filter, water out of the display tank they are in, and a lil heater. I just can’t find anything that tells me how to remove the clutch from the overflow without hurting them.

I often use a turkey baster in that type of situation.

Just don't put it back in the kitchen when you're done! I think that your wife has already experienced enough trauma for one day! :)

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back