Is this a cowrie

Also while I'm at it , what's this white string looking stuff , iis in a few places in my tank

IMG_20161215_155554.jpg
 
Every time I need a ID the critter is always in a hard place to take pics of
He's in the base rock of that pink blob looking thing lol

IMG_20161215_174608.jpg
 
Just done a search and your right it's a ring cowrie, reef safe yes , staying in the tank yes
Thanks Annette and thanks everyone else
:)
 
Not likely a ring cowrie. Ive tried those that I caught myself off Catalina. They don't last long in warm water. 2-3 weeks at best.
 
I should elaborate-if they shell looks like this-keep it:
p-79518-snail.jpg

Youll see the bumby black mantle at night when they move around
That doesn't look like a money cowrie. Mine have a cryptic mantle and are whitish with a yellow, just like Vincent100's
 
Well, whatever you want to call them, money or ring, the species that I have could be either if googled photographs are credible. So many creatures in this hobby are difficult to identify.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new