Is this a Mantis shrimp?

That's so cool. Until it eats your fish. I would watch it first before I remove it. I had a mantis shrimp in a mixed reef for 12 month and it did no damage. My hermit crab is more destructive. She eats snails all the time. I got a 20 cm bristleworm in my tank too.
20230710_054725.jpg
Thats just a nope!!! I hate bristleworms. They freak me out!
 
2023-11-30 17.13.21.jpg


And its out! (see My tank thread)
This was just over half its length, the only way i could get it was to break the rock apart.
Wow, definitely worth the effort to remove it. That boy is huge!
 
Are you going to set up a nano reef for it? Would be cool to see it in captivity (without fish of course)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new