Is this a parasite? Should i be concerned?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef.geek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef.geek

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Messages
115
Reaction score
31
Location
spain
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

So i purchased my first coral today and i noticed that it has a hitchhiker on the rock it came with

Is this a parasite or what am i looking at here?

Thank you in advance

a958f361-60bc-4ba4-8dbc-75e4b8449fca.jpeg 5908fd94-983d-4652-8b84-c32f3410ca2a.jpeg 4beaf673-00f7-4db6-a1ad-27571215af3a.jpeg
 
I can't make out a definitive ID, but I do see bubble algae and a vermetid. Remove the frag, put it in a separate container with tank water and scrub entire plug with a soft tooth brush and then return frag to aquarium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new