Is this a polite?

Double monti 61

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
926
Reaction score
662
Location
New York State us
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is a polite anyone agree?

45B5D0C8-0D1B-47B8-9CF1-DCCAA795CAA8.jpeg 08F6AE53-72D9-4FE3-B332-9A5F28BA4135.jpeg
 
If you mean porites, then no. That coral is some sort of agariciid, most likely a pavona or leptoseris.
 
It's hard to tell with those pictures as you can't really see the grooves in the coral to determine. I would lean to Leptoseris as well though.
 
Leptoseris usually have dips where the corallites are, while pavona usually are flat.

After looking at the references in COTW, my best guess would be pavona chiriquiensis, but those have some ridges and really only occur in the central and east pacific.
 
That was porite not polite! I purchased it from a local petco about 3 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 62

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new