Is this a sponge or what?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cascardo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cascardo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
16
Location
Jundiaí
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260124_074937.jpeg
20260124_075511.jpeg




Hello, there. I am new to the forum and new to reefing (I have a 60L nano for one and a half year only). I appreciate any help here.

So, I got this dark grey thing growing on my rock. Once, an invertebrate was passing by, and I had the impression it was moving or maybe just floating.

Is this a sponge or something like that? Can you help me to identify it? Should I keep or remove it?


Thanks a lot.
Cascardo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new