Is this a Stomatella?

  • Thread starter Thread starter davet131
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

davet131

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Yorkshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m new to reef tanks and got a nano already set up from my LFS about 6 weeks ago. It was a tank they had on display and they gave me everything except the fish.
I have just noticed this guy for the first time and wondered if it’s a Stomatella? Strange that I’ve not seen it until now as I usually have my nose against the glass!
Sorry for the quality. My lights aren’t on yet.

IMG_2612.jpeg
 
Is there any reason I wouldn’t have seen it for 6 weeks? There has been a tiny bit of hair algae lately so I’m assuming it’s just out after that? I’ve heard they’re good for the tanks so not really bothered it’s in there.
 
I didn't know I had mine until 7 months after my tank started. I saw one and was like 'Cool, a Stomatella'... next week I saw four of them in the tank spawning and was like 'Cool, Many Stomatella.'. Depending on the size of your tank, if you're not looking for them, you may never see them until they're on the glass hunting for film algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new