Is this a whelch snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter jelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I don't know how I got them. This tank as only been up for a yearor so and it used dry rock. So they had to be hitch hiker from corals or mixed in with snails when I bought some. I never bought these

Just pluck them out as you see them. That's all that should be required.
 
I've never heard of them talking over a tank. I honestly would not worry about it. For awhile there, we were stocking our tanks full of whelks we believed to be nassarius. No lovely internet to tell us the difference. I didn't even remove them in some tanks, when they died they died and that was that. There really isn't much to do about it anyways, besides pluck them out manually. Try putting some fish flesh or a piece of shrimp in there and see if anyone comes out to play.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new