Is this acropora hyacinthus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McPikie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

McPikie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2014
Messages
235
Reaction score
268
Location
Manchester, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me an ID on this please?

DSC_3608.JPG
 
Take a few more pictures, top downs and close up of branch tips and radial corallites help immensely, even better if the polyp tentacles are retracted.

it's hard to say from this one pic and the smaller the coral is the harder for an accurate ID to be made. I have my doubts about it being hyacinthus, I'd start referencing species like A. anthocercis or A. cytherea.

Just my .02
 
Tough to see from picture. Plus one for better pics and closeups
 
I really need to get my **** in gear and get some better pics of this. I fragged a bit off lastnight if anyone can help

_20191106_193542.JPG
 
Like @Big E said, true hyacinthus is kinda rare to see, in many instances A. cytherea is mistaken for A. hyacinthus. A. anthocercis is mistaken as well as its similar, however, its radials usually are more immersed and the radial lips dont flare out as much as A. cytherea and A. hyacinthus.

This is a growout of a A. cytherea from my old tank.
20191108_043337.png
lcCCgCd.jpg
20191108_043446.jpg
20191010_231546.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new