Is this Aiptasia?

xandrew245x

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
22
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this guy tonight on the bottom of one of my rocks. Looks like aphasia, but I'm not sure. I don't see any others.



20260818_203226.jpg
 
Alright thanks, I was considering adding a peppermint shrimp before I saw this, so I guess that's an easy choice now.
Make sure it’s the right peppermint shrimp with the right genus. Bergias are also good but for just 1 you can also super glue it or use a kalk paste for it
 
Make sure it’s the right peppermint shrimp with the right genus. Bergias are also good but for just 1 you can also super glue it or use a kalk paste for it
It is in a really difficult spot on my rock, and isnt a piece I can easily remove. I may be able to get kalk paste on it.

How do I know if I am getting the right peppermint shrimp?
 
It is in a really difficult spot on my rock, and isnt a piece I can easily remove. I may be able to get kalk paste on it.

How do I know if I am getting the right peppermint shrimp?
There’s many types of peppermint shrimp but the best at eating aptasia are Lysmata wurdemanni Or Lysmata boggessi they have both been very effective in eradicating aptasia. I have 3 wurdemani and zero aptasia.
 
Where there is one there are probably 5 more. Those things pop up everywhere. Get them when you see them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new