Is the brown jelly disease?
10d5afe8cc274882cc914cac9aa5d128.jpg

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely, if the heads were joined I would toss them both ASAP. If not I would try to dip hydrogen peroxide 5 mins, iodine 15 mins and coral rx 15 minutes. But before you pull this thing out suck all of the dying tissue with an airline tubing and dump it. Because if it gets on other corals they're done. BJD can be caused by , bad water quality, bad flow or damage to the coral tissue. (Protozoan in nature I think) to be honest though. The second head looks like it's already infected, that half retracted polyp look is a first stage of BJD on euphillia.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything I can do to keep this from spreading to all my other corals?
It generally doesn't affect soft or SPS corals, but other LPS corals such as candy canes, torches, frogspawns, hammers, elegance, gonioporas and similar species are likely to become infected unless the diseased coral is removed. Most hobbyists usually don't treat their corals in a separate QT like they would with sick fish, but with BJD, I would.

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely, if the heads were joined I would toss them both ASAP. If not I would try to dip hydrogen peroxide 5 mins, iodine 15 mins and coral rx 15 minutes. But before you pull this thing out suck all of the dying tissue with an airline tubing and dump it. Because if it gets on other corals they're done. BJD can be caused by , bad water quality, bad flow or damage to the coral tissue. (Protozoan in nature I think) to be honest though. The second head looks like it's already infected, that half retracted polyp look is a first stage of BJD on euphillia.
What is deemed as bad water quality? For example, I have removed every coral which would end up with BJD carefully, only to have a coral go from super duper happy to BJD dead in a couple of hours.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back