Is this Cancer ? rose bubble tip anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter boumbo25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

boumbo25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
Location
Québec, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this rose tip bubble anemone today and i got a good price because of that "swollen" tentacle. It looks like its cancer ?!? I have watch that anemone at the LFS for a few weeks and it had that excroissance but looked healty. I decided to bring it home today. I is doing well in the thank, but what is that excroissance ? should I do something about it?

52601145108__71C0514F-2D65-4FDC-AC62-F236011A2F09.jpeg
 
@cdness in my case, it doesnt seem to be attached to the mouth. it just seems like a giant weird tentacle.
 
His looks like a mouth prolapse, definitely different then what you have here. The first picture you posted it looks decaying and dying, the second it doesn't look so bad. Ir may have got something stuck inside that tentacle that it can't get out or it may be a cellular issue, the only way to really know would be to biopsy it.

If it was mine personally I would keep an eye on it and if it looks like it's getting worse, I would cut that one tentacle off. BRS has a video on Nem Propogation you can use for reference. You don't need to propogate the nem here in this case, I would simple remove that single tentacle at the base, get it into a separate tank for a few days so you can try to eliminate any infect and then it should be good to go again.
 
His looks like a mouth prolapse, definitely different then what you have here. The first picture you posted it looks decaying and dying, the second it doesn't look so bad. Ir may have got something stuck inside that tentacle that it can't get out or it may be a cellular issue, the only way to really know would be to biopsy it.

If it was mine personally I would keep an eye on it and if it looks like it's getting worse, I would cut that one tentacle off. BRS has a video on Nem Propogation you can use for reference. You don't need to propogate the nem here in this case, I would simple remove that single tentacle at the base, get it into a separate tank for a few days so you can try to eliminate any infect and then it should be good to go again.

I would cut it too in fact. if it doesnt get better. but i do not have a second tank to put in...
 
At minimum try to run carbon for a few days, but don't cut it before getting carbon. If you already have carbon online just make sure it's fresh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new