Is this Coraline?

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I need help figuring out what is this stuff on my rock. I’ve had this tank running for almost 4 months now. I have Dry rock and live rock on it. And the dry rock is getting all this green and purple stuff on it. I think is coraline, but it keep getting off the rock everytime I do a water change I end up getting some off from the rock. And I have no idea what is the green stuff. Can you please help me ID it?

Thanks.

907F9C5B-EE86-425B-B7BC-2044707C3600.jpeg
CF5D4E59-3696-4A7D-8160-F656C8069C95.jpeg
 
Yep!
part of the growing process
you need to remove as much of it as possible, suck it up, net it, pick it off, etc Then
do water change cut back on feeding by 3/4
and cut back on lighting by half
you have to be diligent to get rid of it

also adding algae in a fuge if you have one or an exterior hang on one with micro /macro will suck up nutrients as well.
Generally high nitrate and phosphate and over feeding are the culprit to cyano
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new