Is this coralline algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scope
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scope

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Messages
73
Reaction score
19
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've set up my tank end of March. I've gone through diatoms, green dust algae, and most recently cyano.

In the spots with highest flow and lighting I noticed some purple spots. It's not getting blown off with a baster like cyano so I suspect coralline. Isn't it too early though?

DSC03679.JPG Screenshot_20260514_160203_Gallery.jpg
 
Yes they are.

They can be on a frag plug or on a snail and it could spread and grow in your tank. However, its depends on your parameters on how long it can survive and spread in your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new