Is this ecotech m2 sound at 65% not normal

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had that ecotech m2 pump for 2 years cleaned the pulp around 2 months. Thats the sound i get lately. Its working, pumping water fine



Anything i need to do?
 
Take the 5 baby snails out of the impeller lol
 
I’ve taken my skimmer pump apart 3 different times in the last week from baby Trochus snails getting caught in the pinwheel lol
 
Seriously it has to have something caught inside, way too loud for just wear and tear vibration I would think. As loud as it is I’d investigate so you don’t end up creating or having a catastrophic failure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new