Is this Favia photoshopped?

Pinstripes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this on ebay and it looks like its photoshopped somehow. Look at the colors. Of course I could be wrong! What do you think?

Click here

pinstripes

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they may be a bit over saturated, but very likely not intentional. Looks ok to me.

Clearly, its an actinic shot, or at least a 20k.

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree also that its over saturated abit, but i have seen some with similar markings.

OP
OP
P

Pinstripes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because in the description, it says not an actinic shot! I'm iffy about it!

they may be a bit over saturated, but very likely not intentional. Looks ok to me.

Clearly, its an actinic shot, or at least a 20k.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Empire are good friends of mine and I can tell you that that coral will look like that if you have the right conditions and the right lighting :wink: Also great people to deal with.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! Thats what i was trying to get at.

Reef Empire are good friends of mine and I can tell you that that coral will look like that if you have the right conditions and the right lighting :wink: Also great people to deal with.

Reef Empire

I bleed saltwater.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the props folks. Those of you who have dealt with us in the past know how we roll...

4.94/5.0 on our "Item as Described" and 99.2% after nearly 4,000 feedbacks should let you know that we are not in the habit of misrepresenting any of our items in any way.

Do you know how crazy that thing would look if it WAS under actinics?

jamirlima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On ebay lot of sellers photoshop their corals whether they deny it or not.
Secondly 99.9% uses 20K bulbs so if you dont have 20K MH then you will have different colors and many times you will be disappointed.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't think it is misrepresentation, though. if you're new to the hobby, you might not expect it, but upon my first glance at the pic, you can see it's not actinic coloration.

i've noticed quite a few people heading towards the blue spectrum, lately, and i kind of like that color, myself. if there is a color of lighting that your corals excel with, plus they also look slammin under that color of light, why wouldn't you use it? because a couple people will think your pix are misrepresenting? i couldn't care less what everyone thinks, personally. when i get the cash up, i'll probably try to emulate that color with my T5's, as well. i think it looks great, without too much purple

er1c.the.reefer

true frag farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when they were out of santa ana, i used to drop by there once in a while. they used 1000w 20k halides, pretty far beyond the 250w 20k that the average reefer uses.

jamirlima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12K halides are even bluer than actinics so I cannot imagine how blue the 20K would be.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12K halides are even bluer than actinics so I cannot imagine how blue the 20K would be.

Color depends greatly on the bulb and ballast combo. One ballast might drive a 14k bulb to look more blue while one might make it burn more yellow.

My 20k xm on m57 ballast might appear very different in color if being driven by a electronic ballast, at least thats my experience. Also one manufacture's claim of 14 or 20k might be a total different spectrum than a bulb of the same kelvin rating from a different manufacture.

I hope i made some sense there, i gave it my best lol!

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pieces I've purchased from Reef Empire are every bit as stunning in person as they appear in their photos. The 20K's above their corals manifest in a soft blue-white appearance.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back