Vacation and the stung favia

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, went on a 5 day vacation. Got my ATO, auto feeder, dosing pumps all setup and ready. Thought I was good to go!

Then I got home and saw that my bta decided to move while I was on vacation. I had someone stop by 2x to check while I was away, but she wouldn’t have known or noticed what was going on, so it was a rude awakening when I thought all was going well lol.

Anyways … before and after photos attached .. *sigh*

Questions -
1. What are the chances I can get this favia to pulll through? It’s still got some pink, but I don’t see the mouths at this point. Is it a goner already?
2. I CANNOT get these btas off the rock. They’re wedged in deep between the corners of 2 rocks. If I pull one rock off, will I tear the bta or do you think it’ll survive? Either way, I’d rather save the favia. This one bta has split into 7 over ~13 months (two times now it’s split into three’s)….. it’s out of control lol

IMG_8201.png IMG_8202.jpeg

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, i would think it is a gonner. Personally i think the best option is to frag off the dead tissue and dip, but wait for a second opinion.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That a Sector 101? I would not frag it. Leave it be if possible and try to control the inevitable algae that is going to try and grow on the skeleton. If you were seeing good growth before there is a chance it will recover with a lot of time. If it was just sustaining and not thriving I would say it’s toast.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can still see some color, there's a slight chance it can recover. Looks like SR Mighty Max. Maybe that's the same as Sector 101.

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can still see some color, there's a slight chance it can recover. Looks like SR Mighty Max. Maybe that's the same as Sector 101.
Thanks all, not actually sure of the variation, just looked really cool lol.

Yes, I only had it for 3-4 months before this, and in that time grew over the entire frag plug and started to grow onto the rock. I’ll be removing the bta one way or another and continue my normal regiment. Fingers cross it makes a come back

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the nem cannon for removal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back