Is this feather duster a threat to my LPS?

pixie.hallows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my large feather duster has left his tube and has attached himself to the stalk of my hammers. I had read that they could leave the tube but I am concerned for the coral. Will the feather duster harm the coral? I’ve included a picture but it’s in a shadowed place so it’s pretty hard to even see without reaching in and moving things around, which I don’t want to do unnecessarily & make them mad. But wondering what the best course of action is and if I should be worried. I’ve circled what appears to be the empty tube and where I think he is now.

Yesterday’s Parameters: ( I know phosphate is high. It’s coming down after a higher number that I attribute to reef roids. Also dealing with some algae).
Alk 9.2
Ca 450
Mg 1209
NO3 1.3
pH 8.15
PO4 .25
Sal 1.026
Temp 78.2

IMG_3079.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think my large feather duster has left his tube and has attached himself to the stalk of my hammers. I had read that they could leave the tube but I am concerned for the coral. Will the feather duster harm the coral? I’ve included a picture but it’s in a shadowed place so it’s pretty hard to even see without reaching in and moving things around, which I don’t want to do unnecessarily & make them mad. But wondering what the best course of action is and if I should be worried. I’ve circled what appears to be the empty tube and where I think he is now.

Yesterday’s Parameters: ( I know phosphate is high. It’s coming down after a higher number that I attribute to reef roids. Also dealing with some algae).
Alk 9.2
Ca 450
Mg 1209
NO3 1.3
pH 8.15
PO4 .25
Sal 1.026
Temp 78.2

IMG_3079.jpeg
Should not be but if its fans annoy the coral- snap the tube off

OP
OP
pixie.hallows

pixie.hallows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should not be but if its fans annoy the coral- snap the tube off
Just I clarify the original tube is attached to a rock well behind the coral. But it looks like the feather is now right up next to the coral so I think he’s attached to it underneath.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just I clarify the original tube is attached to a rock well behind the coral. But it looks like the feather is now right up next to the coral so I think he’s attached to it underneath.
I believe it is also and can easily be broken off bottom if desired

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back