Feather duster or anemone

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely a Majano anemone if it’s glowing green.. same as aiptasia but doesn’t spread like crazy… it’s easier to get rid of..
I agree. Looks like a majano nem to me. I would get rid of it as they can spread quickly under the right nutrient conditions.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0828.jpeg
I can't tell for sure from the pics (they're understandably a bit blurry, and clarity is really important for nems and nem-like critters), but might it be a ball anemone (Corallimorph)?

The link below has several images of various ball nems you can compare with to see if any look like a match, but they generally have noticeable little, white ball-tips on each of the tentacles.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell for sure from the pics (they're understandably a bit blurry, and clarity is really important for nems and nem-like critters), but might it be a ball anemone (Corallimorph)?

The link below has several images of various ball nems you can compare with to see if any look like a match, but they generally have noticeable little, white ball-tips on each of the tentacles.
I just realized I apparently forgot to add the link:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back