Is this Flukes?

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I recently had similar experience with few of my wrasses. They showed weird swimming behavior (look similar to Swim bladder or spinal injury) few days after scratching to PVC pipe in QT. They lived surprisingly long after this, but none of them made it through. I did not see any visual parasites or flukes on their body. I am starting to believe spinal injury/swim bladder issue like symptom is closely related to parasites, but probably not in all cases. I QTed about 10 wrasses in past few months and 3 of them showed odd swimming behavior and they all started with scratching to PVC pipe.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I recently had similar experience with few of my wrasses. They showed weird swimming behavior (look similar to Swim bladder or spinal injury) few days after scratching to PVC pipe in QT. They lived surprisingly long after this, but none of them made it through. I did not see any visual parasites or flukes on their body. I am starting to believe spinal injury/swim bladder issue like symptom is closely related to parasites, but probably not in all cases. I QTed about 10 wrasses in past few months and 3 of them showed odd swimming behavior and they all started with scratching to PVC pipe.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back