Is this GHA or Bryopsis?

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So last few months my tank has been having a really bad GHA problem. Atleast i think its GHA and i was wondering if using Blue Life Flux RX will fix this problem? At the moment im cycling my new 100 gallon tank. In this tank i've used clean Marco Rock. And im afraid if i move my corals once its cycled i will bring this to the new tank. Including other pest like Verminited snails. So any tips to clean this before moving?

Parameters:
Alk: 8,7 DKH
Nitraat: 1.4
Phosphate: 0,05
Calcium: 450
Magnesium: 1357

See attached video.

Attachments

• GHA.mp4
    599.7 KB
OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, thank you, I've added multiple mexican turbo snail, emerals crabs i also have a lawmower blenny and tomisiasis tang. But none of them seem to want to eat it. Would Blue Life Flux RX work? And is it best to do this before i move to the new tank?

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not running cheato at the moment. I will have it in the new tank. But i have dosed like 3-4 bags of copepods every few weeks for a while now. And i also dosed phyto as food for the copepods.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, thank you, I've added multiple mexican turbo snail, emerals crabs i also have a lawmower blenny and tomisiasis tang. But none of them seem to want to eat it. Would Blue Life Flux RX work? And is it best to do this before i move to the new tank?
Yes, they won't eat the long stuff. You will have to manually remove it by ripping it out by hand. A siphon hose works good too. Once the algae is very short, the CUC will help. Usually the guide is for one critter of CUC per gallon. But it depends on their size, and is just a guide from past practice. Short spine and tuxedo urchins are good for gha too.

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im moving to a new tank within a few weeks, I just want to nuke it so it doesnt come to the new tank on frag plugs etc. Is the best way to try Blue Life Flux RX? Or is there another way to make sure you don't bring pest and gha over to a new tank? I have a few torches and euphilias frags i want to bring over. I also have a urchin.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im moving to a new tank within a few weeks, I just want to nuke it so it doesnt come to the new tank on frag plugs etc. Is the best way to try Blue Life Flux RX? Or is there another way to make sure you don't bring pest and gha over to a new tank? I have a few torches and euphilias frags i want to bring over. I also have a urchin.
Low doses of fluconazole are cheap and effective.

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, i will try that. would you have any tips for making sure Verminited snail does not come over to the new tank? Is it possible to dip the skeleton of frags in citric acid? I cleaned my wave makers the other day and i've only see the verminited die from citric acid. Any other dip and they are totally fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back