Is this good for an acan pachysepta?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
3,158
Reaction score
2,642
Location
Falmouth
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this coral, was labeled as a Lobophyllia but @encrustingacro says it looks more like an A. Pachysepta, which are known to be more aggressive. Is this spacing too close or should it be good?
20231108_170839.jpg

About 2.5-3 inches away from my wilsoni, and while there isn't much flow it is slightly downflow.
 
The one below the nice fox coral is a Lobo. I have the same coral.
 
The one below the nice fox coral is a Lobo. I have the same coral.
I'm leaning towards A. Pachysepta, look very similar to lobos (in fact used to be classified as lobophyllia) but are in a different group (confirmed by the kind of feeding arms mine has) any idea how much I should space it?

Example of A. Pachysepta
Screenshot_20231108_184204_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
I'm leaning towards A. Pachysepta, look very similar to lobos (in fact used to be classified as lobophyllia) but are in a different group (confirmed by the kind of feeding arms mine has) any idea how much I should space it?

Example of A. Pachysepta
Screenshot_20231108_184204_Samsung Internet.jpg
I would probably space it a little farther away, just for safety.

PS; the rainbow coral in the photo is a regular Lobophyllia aff. hemprichii, not A. pachysepta, The way you tell the difference is generally in the flesh texture.
 
I would probably space it a little farther away, just for safety.

PS; the rainbow coral in the photo is a regular Lobophyllia aff. hemprichii, not A. pachysepta, The way you tell the difference is generally in the flesh texture.
@encrustingacro Could I do under the nemenzophyllia? Can it reach that far? Closer to the acantho?
 
Just picked up this coral, was labeled as a Lobophyllia but @encrustingacro says it looks more like an A. Pachysepta, which are known to be more aggressive. Is this spacing too close or should it be good?
20231108_170839.jpg

About 2.5-3 inches away from my wilsoni, and while there isn't much flow it is slightly downflow.
Looks like lobo. EncrutingAcro generally good at I.d. and regardless- Do space at least 3" away from other coral and suggested for many coral species
 
I'm leaning towards A. Pachysepta, look very similar to lobos (in fact used to be classified as lobophyllia) but are in a different group (confirmed by the kind of feeding arms mine has) any idea how much I should space it?

Example of A. Pachysepta
Screenshot_20231108_184204_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sure looks the same as mine. Seems fine for placement there. It won't reach the fox coral in my opinion. I have mine on the side of the tank in lower light and flow.
 
Sure looks the same as mine. Seems fine for placement there. It won't reach the fox coral in my opinion. I have mine on the side of the tank in lower light and flow.
Pics of your coral? If it looks the same as yours, your coral is probably a pachysepta also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new