Is this good for an acan pachysepta?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this coral, was labeled as a Lobophyllia but @encrustingacro says it looks more like an A. Pachysepta, which are known to be more aggressive. Is this spacing too close or should it be good?
20231108_170839.jpg

About 2.5-3 inches away from my wilsoni, and while there isn't much flow it is slightly downflow.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one below the nice fox coral is a Lobo. I have the same coral.
I'm leaning towards A. Pachysepta, look very similar to lobos (in fact used to be classified as lobophyllia) but are in a different group (confirmed by the kind of feeding arms mine has) any idea how much I should space it?

Example of A. Pachysepta
Screenshot_20231108_184204_Samsung Internet.jpg

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards A. Pachysepta, look very similar to lobos (in fact used to be classified as lobophyllia) but are in a different group (confirmed by the kind of feeding arms mine has) any idea how much I should space it?

Example of A. Pachysepta
I would probably space it a little farther away, just for safety.

PS; the rainbow coral in the photo is a regular Lobophyllia aff. hemprichii, not A. pachysepta, The way you tell the difference is generally in the flesh texture.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably space it a little farther away, just for safety.

PS; the rainbow coral in the photo is a regular Lobophyllia aff. hemprichii, not A. pachysepta, The way you tell the difference is generally in the flesh texture.
@encrustingacro Could I do under the nemenzophyllia? Can it reach that far? Closer to the acantho?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just picked up this coral, was labeled as a Lobophyllia but @encrustingacro says it looks more like an A. Pachysepta, which are known to be more aggressive. Is this spacing too close or should it be good?
20231108_170839.jpg

About 2.5-3 inches away from my wilsoni, and while there isn't much flow it is slightly downflow.
Looks like lobo. EncrutingAcro generally good at I.d. and regardless- Do space at least 3" away from other coral and suggested for many coral species

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Example of A. Pachysepta
Sure looks the same as mine. Seems fine for placement there. It won't reach the fox coral in my opinion. I have mine on the side of the tank in lower light and flow.

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure looks the same as mine. Seems fine for placement there. It won't reach the fox coral in my opinion. I have mine on the side of the tank in lower light and flow.
Pics of your coral? If it looks the same as yours, your coral is probably a pachysepta also.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back