Is this light sufficient for chaeto?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought it. I'm looking for a hole in the woods to cry.
At least you won't be looking at dead chaeto. Now remember, chaeto isn't a cure all but I like the natural approach it provides. I would also get some cheato grow and add small amount once or twice a week to the tank. I hand roll my clump every 4 or 5 days because it's to big to tumble. The light has a great mount and what is particularly nice is you can adjust it so you have no bleed over into other sump sections so no nuisance algae there. Just remember not to dose stuff that kills algae or you will kill chaeto also. I am on my first clump from 8 months ago. I've never lost the original batch.

OP
OP
BamaCoastPyrat

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you won't be looking at dead chaeto. Now remember, chaeto isn't a cure all but I like the natural approach it provides. I would also get some cheato grow and add small amount once or twice a week to the tank. I hand roll my clump every 4 or 5 days because it's to big to tumble. The light has a great mount and what is particularly nice is you can adjust it so you have no bleed over into other sump sections so no nuisance algae there. Just remember not to dose stuff that kills algae or you will kill chaeto also. I am on my first clump from 8 months ago. I've never lost the original batch.
Awesome. Thank you for the tips. I am already dosing chaetogrow and will keep it up. I am trying to keep my tank as natural as possible so I haven't used anything to kill anything. I like to let everything run it's course and find it's natural balance. And the chaeto is for hopefully simplify processes for the future. I'm going to be gone for 5 months next year and I'm trying to make everything as easy as possible for my wife to maintain while I am gone.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back