Is this lighting damage?

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m thinking it’s to much light damaging this yellow scroll coral.
But I’m asking other options. Is this light intensity damage or maybe parameters? The lights are metal halide with Phoenix 14 k bulbs.250 watts DE . It’s been in my aquarium about a week. The previous owner said it was in 300par , LEDs and maybe t5 combo .
my parameters are
8.6dkh
12nitrates
.060phoshate
78-79degrees temperature
35SG ( refractor. ) yes calibrated
I checked [email protected] this morning. Note it’s a API kit and I haven’t checked ph in a LONG time . Maybe a year ?
Today I did a large water change as this aquarium seams to kill everything but acropora. Strange? Thoughts???
 
Sorry forgot
 

Attachments

  • 01D46A33-130C-4AAB-AB4A-64888E1C9C79.jpeg
    01D46A33-130C-4AAB-AB4A-64888E1C9C79.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 6C585909-8F0D-45EA-AC60-E2D8612F526C.jpeg
    6C585909-8F0D-45EA-AC60-E2D8612F526C.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 57
Possibly? How far from the halides is it.
I run the same lighting and my lights are 14" off the surface.
My scroll coral is on the bottom of my 120.
Just took this pic of it.
20210103_161938.jpg
 
Oh the halides are about 9” off the water in a canopy, and it’s 10” below the surface. But not directly under the fixture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new