Is this normal fish feeding or should i be concerned

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeaWolf95
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SeaWolf95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
36
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some nori to the nori clip and the normal tangs Purple/Mimic etc show up and start eating it
but then I see my chalk and melanurus wrasse at the clip ripping at the nori . I didnt think those 2 were nori eaters
its not like that chalk bass is starving its a very chubby fish. The wrasse is the strange one and it seemed like my marble wanted to
try the nori too. Just seems odd the Fox face wants nothing to do with the Nori yet these two act like they are starving.
 
Likely you are experiencing the fact that aside from natural instincts/habits, fish sometimes surprise us by being (in air-quotes, "individuals"). Then monkey-see, monkey-do can play a part in their eating. As in when a fish that you would think would immediately go for Nori on a clip ignores it... until another Nori-eating fish is introduced into the tank and shows it 'how.' Many Wrasse live to devour Nori. But I have had many Chalk Bass over the years, and unfortunately I can't remember now for the life of me 🤣 whether any one of them joined any other fish in eating Nori (but I don't think so.)
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new