Is this normal for this soft coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jotoole
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jotoole

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen this sort of thing on this coral, it looks split open with tentacles coming out. Is this normal?

IMG_5807.jpeg
 
I have never seen this sort of thing on this coral, it looks split open with tentacles coming out. Is this normal?

IMG_5807.jpeg
It’s partially open.
It could be hungry or mad at the coral next door.
 
I have never seen this sort of thing on this coral, it looks split open with tentacles coming out. Is this normal?

IMG_5807.jpeg
That’s not a soft coral. Appears to be a Calustrea more commonly known as a trumpet or candy cane. Perfectly normal.
 
That’s not a soft coral. Appears to be a Calustrea more commonly known as a trumpet or candy cane. Perfectly normal.


Thanks, I'm really bad at the proper names for coral.
 
Perfectly normal. Just give it some Reef Roids or mysis shrimp.
 
When I feed my candy cane it does the the same thing
How do you feed? Mine get hungry at night. I have been dosing phytoplankton. Do I use tongs and drop the mysis to them? I don’t have reef roids yet as I only have two zoas, a mushroom and one I’m not sure of yet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new