Is This Normal - Pukani Cure Time?

Indy Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been curing my Pukani dry rock now for 12 weeks (which includes a 2 week soak in bleach water), and the phosphate will still rise to .30+ ppm after a 100% water change. Has anyone else experienced this?

I finally put a GFO reactor in the curing vat to keep my phosphate in check, but I worry I am just masking the problem. Should I keep curing?

FYI - I am using a Hanna checker and have used 2 different reagent packs, so I'm confident in the results. My fresh saltwater is also measuring at 0.0 ppm, so the makeup water is clean. I don't have any filtration on the curing vat, but I have serious flow going through them with a Vectra M1.

Any advice appreciated.
 
I dosed Lanthanum Chloride every other day and did weekly water changes for 2 months in a curing bin to get the phosphates down to .05 from .35
 
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new