Is this ok?

Pico_Reefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
266
Reaction score
150
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of a deal is having 2 90s like this? If there is anything else that looks off let me know please. I have a check valve coming for the return.

IMG_7613.jpeg
 
Having multiple 90’s is fine. It just slows the rate of flow
 
Having multiple 90’s is fine. It just slows the rate of flow
I’ve read that each 90 basically added the equivalent of 1ft in head pressure. Even with that I think my pump is still plenty. My pump is a Cor-15 and my tank total volume is 90 gallons.
 
I’ve read that each 90 basically added the equivalent of 1ft in head pressure. Even with that I think my pump is still plenty. My pump is a Cor-15 and my tank total volume is 90 gallons.
Yes each 90 will add about 1ft of head pressure. Any drop in flow can be added through wavemakers or you can increase the pump size
 
Ive seen some people plumb with 2 45’s to reduce resistance. I have no experience in it just throwing it out there.
Yeah I thought about the 45s I am just trying to keep as much plumbing out of the way as possible. I just read @6ft of head pressure the Cor-15 is still at around 1000gph which is plenty. I probably will be running around 600gph. I have wavemakers to provide flow in the tank so I am not really worried about that and I am only using a skimmer with no other mechanical filtration.
 
Ive seen some people plumb with 2 45’s to reduce resistance. I have no experience in it just throwing it out there.
Yeah I thought about the 45s I am just trying to keep as much plumbing out of the way as possible. I just read @6ft of head pressure the Cor-15 is still at around 1000gph which is plenty. I probably will be running around 600gph. I have wavemakers to provide flow in the tank so I am not really worried about that and I am only using a skimmer with no other mechanical filtration.
Cool cool, good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new