Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.... My gut says yes, but it also depends on the size of tank, filtration, etc. I would think there are at least 2 2 many sharks, and we have damsel overload.
Since you already have what you have:
Only thing I'd drop is 2 of the sharks and get a big grouper or something that could hold up to what you have.
I love the black tips and tank, plus you have the bad butt eels 2. A bit of a dream tank on my end.

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm. HUH!!! Gotta be kidding us here right?? Er umm, right??

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The wobbegong shark would be find in there(not that they move much) and as of the port jackson, but that's WAY too many blacktip/others. I'm no shark expert,but i think three sharks would be good in that tank(minis the ray)

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any sharks that are active swimmers need tanks in the 1000s of gallons range this is way to small. Sharks that stay on the bottom will not mind the space but considering the stocking level in this tank its still to crowded with large fish. I am guessing the filtration is not enough considering the load on the tank.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it's actually cu455's tank guys. Hence the crazy poll at the top! I think some are taking it a bit too seriously.......

That's why I gave an answer for both lol I did vote yes to overstocked

Next question is: what's the cost to feed a tank like this?

ReefSafe123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man. Who even got that many sharks in house. I'm definitely cool with that if the fish happy and healthy ( the owner knows it best)

Most of the time fish die because of bad water condition than space problem.

I do admit I'm a bit jealous lol

misael888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post the tank size and filtration so we don't judge. Those black tips are awesome but grow fast. It does seem small for that many sharks. Also, I've always seen sharks in round edge tank to swim without bumping to corners, that system is squared.!? Thanks for sharing!!

OP
OP
C

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not my tank, just something that I came across on Youtube. In my opinion no matter how good the filtration is and how much extra water is in the garage, the sharks should be in a wider tank. The sharks work to hard to make their turns and have some crappy posture due to the narrow tank. The bullhead and wobbe are the just as long as the tanks width.

There is also a mix of tropical and subtropical/coldwater species in there. Otherwise it is a nice tank and nice fish.

Last edited:

madtownguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy hector bat man! That's nuts every minute more huge animals show up in that tank. There are sharks that are too large for the tank, a sting ray that is too large. And instead of one huge eel lets put a few of them in there. Oh that's kind of boring lets throw some damsels in also. Throw them suckers back in the ocean so I can catch them when I go fishing!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back