A0FBEC1F-3686-4E4A-ADDB-02D9B55D0033.jpeg

is this purple dotty back pregnant?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might have eggs? Is there another purple dottyback in the tank? What are you feeding/how much are you feeding? If there's no other dottyback present, my money's on it being a fatty liver caused by excess feeding.

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a cube of coral food from Sandra siskobay brAnd and there was some with him/her at the store so idk and there is also a blue chromis two clowns and a diamond back gobby and a fire shrimp

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one heckuva typo. San Francisco Bay Brand?
Was the photo taken at the store or in the tank? I'm leaning more towards no regardless, since from what I understand, fish need a lot more of a constant environment in order to start spawning.

Eric1493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a cube of coral food from Sandra siskobay brAnd and there was some with him/her at the store so idk and there is also a blue chromis two clowns and a diamond back gobby and a fire shrimp
Could you be more specific on the food? What was the specific product that you feed? I know very little about disease, but I would try to keep things moving through the digestive system with something like frozen brine shrimp. I can't really tell if that bubble is gas or something else. Does it look like it's struggling to swim or maintain its balance?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the picture, but I would say no. The fish doesn't look that healthy "from that picture"

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the food is the coral blend cubes from the san Francisco brand brine shrimp

courtneyhawkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post but I'm just curious what happened with the fish, I just got one a couple weeks ago and it's belly looks the same. Now I'm a little worried about the poor guy

Attachments

• Snapchat-1033195365.jpg
    Snapchat-1033195365.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has swim bladder disease it hapenns when you over feed its happend to my clown fish and just gave them some crushed garlic and fed them less or skip a day or two and it should go away just feed less next time i suggest getting a auto feeder and fedding small amounts through put the day

courtneyhawkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has swim bladder disease it hapenns when you over feed its happend to my clown fish and just gave them some crushed garlic and fed them less or skip a day or two and it should go away just feed less next time i suggest getting a auto feeder and fedding small amounts through put the day
It seems to be all better now, it had it when it was shipped to me. So hopefully he's in the clear now :)
Snapchat-1954889013.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back