Is this really a fox coral?

Georgie Frogs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Location
Huntington Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this coral at the fish store. She said it was a fox coral, but it does not look like any of my other fox corals. Is it really a fox coral or something else?

B46B146C-C84A-4D84-A42B-E9FC57A6B5B5.jpeg D2E31275-4FC3-486B-9F55-DBACBA0A7636.jpeg FC49490A-97EE-4EE0-B839-304F2DE1C921.jpeg 4471ACCA-DC33-4690-97EE-FAF90462D2F8.jpeg
 
Pictures of the skeleton? It kind of looks like a pectinia but I’m not sure what I am looking at
 
Upvote 0
No, it’s fleshy and transparent
Agreed. I don't see any "base" skeleton that lps usually have sticking out of their older, lower end. The coral you have is fleshy, and looks like a space invader shape, (pectinia) but with clear flesh
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 35D55787-F8A7-4669-B066-5857059B648E.jpeg
    35D55787-F8A7-4669-B066-5857059B648E.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
Agreed. I don't see any "base" skeleton that lps usually have sticking out of their older, lower end. The coral you have is fleshy, and looks like a space invader shape, (pectinia) but with clear flesh
You’re right I looked up the space invader pectinia
 

Attachments

  • 186C5A64-BF8C-431B-84BE-6265122BE7DB.png
    186C5A64-BF8C-431B-84BE-6265122BE7DB.png
    807.2 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Score! Careful those have huge sweeper tentacles that will really invade the space in a tank! Fast growing and beautiful, imo. I have on that has been fragged and traded many times.
 
Upvote 0
I bought it for $59. I have it next to my fox corals because that’s what she told me it was. I don’t have that big of a tank only a 36 gallon. Not sure where else I should put it. I have a cabbage, coral, and a toadstool near it. When do its tentacles come out?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new